Eamonn B. Shanahan
Visual Artist Eamonn B. Shanahan is a native of Thurles in Co. Tipperary and now works across Ireland and the UK. His work evokes an atmospheric space; structures, or lack thereof, that resonate an internal, emotional archetype.
As an advocate of creativity, Eamonn has endorsed the same through his work in theatre as a director, designer, visual artist and creative educator.
Among other galleries, Eamonn has exhibited within a group and as a solo artist at the Lavitt Gallery, Crawford Art College, Alliance Francaise, Cork Film Centre, The Source Arts Centre and Lismore Castle Arts. As a practicing and commercial artist, Eamonn continues to use photography, film, painting and multimedia/graphic design.
Intellect without imagination is dull.
Imagination without intellect is foolish.
Above: ‘Beauty Bird‘
Eamonn B. Shanahan, Pencil on Paper, 2018
Eamonn B. Shanahan
The work focuses on the emotive entity that can be examined in each painting. Each painting is created without direct preconception but with a compound memory of personal and cultural experiences.
Each artwork evokes an atmospheric space; structures, or lack thereof, that resonate an internal, emotional archetype.
Interacting shapes and towering plinths form the scale of the environment which is interrupted with brush strokes and plaster rendering that define the emotional pace giving a live theatricality that aims to resonate to the viewer’s life journey.
- MA in Creative Producing, Royal Central School of Speech & Drama, London – 2014-15
- BA in Fine Art, Crawford College of Art & Design, Cork – 2014
- Cert. in Creative Entrepreneurship, European Creative Futures, Norway – 2013
- ‘A Moment before Lockdown’ – Group exhibition at Backwater Artist Studios October 2020
- ‘Truth Beauty’ – Solo exhibition at The Source Arts Centre, Thurles – November 2018
- ‘Workspace’ – Solo exhibition at Alliance Francaise, Cork, 2014
- ‘Workspace’ – Solo exhibition at The Source Arts Centre, Thurles, 2014
- ‘Origins’ – Group exhibition at Lismore Castle Arts, 2014
- ‘Na hOibreacha’ – Group exhibition at The Crawford College of Art & Design – June 2014
- ‘Are we there yet?’ – Group exhibition at Half Moon Street, Cork – June 2013